I love the taste of homemade pancakes. Especially while relaxing in my pajamas! Here is a recipe for blueberry pancakes that I modified to be gluten free. It tasted delicious (even my picky husband enjoyed them and didn’t notice a difference). The recipe is quick and fairly easy 🙂
1 cup whole grain brown rice flower (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 teaspoon butter (I used smart balance – made with extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup blueberries
1. Mix the first six ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the egg, butter (melted or softened), vanilla extract & milk.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix by hand.
4. Add blueberries and mix gently.
5. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking to get the best flavor and texture