Dealing With Life Changes
Do you like change? I know some people enjoy change and like to mix things up. Personally, I’ve never loved change. Whenever a big event is about to happen I feel an increase in my stress and anxiety. I don’t always realize it, but eventually I come to recognize the symptoms. Dealing with change is tough and that’s okay. We aren’t guaranteed an easy life. But we are promised peace of mind and strength from God.
If you follow my blog, you know we are moving in about a month. I’m so excited for the journey ahead and can’t wait to see what God has in store for our family. At the same time, I’m a little sad. We’ve made friends in our current location and we have our routine set. I was fortunate to find many activities to do locally with Izzy and there is comfort in the familiar.
As I gotten older I’ve become better at recognizing my feelings and I try my best to meditate on God’s word. It comforts me and reminds me of His faithful promises. So I put together a few verses that I can mediate on when dealing with change. It’s so important to remember that God doesn’t change even when our situation or environment does. He will always guide us and watch over us.
Here are 7 scriptures when dealing with life changes:
- For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NLT)
- Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalms 62:6 (NIV)
- I love the song Your Kingdom Reigns by Meredith Andrews with this verse as a lyric.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)
- The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalms 18:2 (NIV)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress my God, in whom I trust. Psalm 91:1-2 (NIV)
- The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8 (NLT)