Last week I talked about how I am preparing for the end of pregnancy. One item on my to-do list was to create a pregnancy and labor vision board. I’ve heard people talk about using vision boards for goal setting or decorating ideas. So I thought why not write down my favorite scriptures and lyrics to meditate on before the baby arrives. Last time with Izzy, I memorized certain scriptures to help me during labor. I love Psalm 121 and it gave me so much peace even after Izzy was born.
This time I’ve added a few scriptures and also included some lyrics from worship songs. I am going to continue to add scriptures that speak to my heart until baby boy arrives. I’m placing this vision board in a room where I can see it every day. I think it is so important to meditate on God’s word continually. Joshua 1:8 tells us “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”
Here is what is on my Pregnancy and Labor Vision Board:
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Psalm 34:7
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2
- I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Your love so deep, Is washing over me. Your face is all I seek, you are my everything. Jesus Christ, You are my one desire. Lord hear my only cry, to know you all my life (Sinking Deep by Hillsong Young & Free)
- You split the sea, So I could walk right through it. All my fears were drowned in perfect love. You rescued me so I could stand and sing: I am child of God (No Longer Slaves by Bethel Music)
During the beginning of labor (when I can still breathe) I am hoping to read over this vision board and listen to my favorite worship music. My prayer is that God’s word would come back to my remembrance in the time of need.
Have you ever created a vision board? What scriptures, quotes or lyrics did you include to encourage you?