My Pregnancy Essentials
Today I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite pregnancy essentials with you. This time around I am using a lot of the same products, but I also found some new things this pregnancy. I love researching topics and sharing them with friends and family. This list isn’t exhaustive. It’s 7 of my favorite things right now. I’d enjoy hearing from you in comments below. Please share your go-to pregnancy essentials so we can all learn from each other.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and believe in.
- Body Lotion: When I was pregnant last time I used Spoiled Mama Tummy Butter. I didn’t get stretch marks until week 40. My daughter was born 1 day shy of 42 weeks. It’s super expensive so this time around I’m trying something new. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter has great reviews on Amazon and it’s more affordable. I’m also using some sweet almond oil I had leftover in my beauty supply cabinet. So far so good. I’ll have to update this after the baby comes!
- ‘NuggleBuddy Rice Pack: My sister got this for me a few years ago and I still use it. I try to avoid medication such has tylenol and allergy medication when I am pregnant, but I occasionally get headaches from sinus pressure. When pregnant, my goal is to find natural alternatives to relieve headaches and my heated rice pack always does the trick. It’s also great for those aches and pains you sometimes experience with your growing belly.
- Boppy Cuddle Pillow: I decided to try this pregnancy pillow and I love it. I like that it is smaller than some of the other ones on the market because I don’t need a fully body pillow. I like the latex head pillow I have so I wanted a pillow to support my stomach and hips. I prefer to sleep on my back, but this pillow has helped me transition from back to side without extra aches and pains.
- Yoga Pants: Now that I’m at home with Izzy, I don’t have to wear maternity clothes for work anymore. Yay! That means I can wear more comfortable clothing. This pregnancy I found a few pairs of pants that aren’t maternity, but have an elastic waistband. It seems to be the style now. Pants and shorts with drawstrings are the best because you can wear them now and when you aren’t pregnant anymore. Here are a few styles I like from Forever 21 and Target.
- Bra Extenders: These things are amazing. It’s not fun having to buy a whole new wardrobe (undergarments included). These extenders have saved me so much money and I haven’t had to buy any new bras.
- Raspberry Leaf Tea: This is something new for me. I didn’t drink it in my first pregnancy so I thought it was worth trying. Natural mamas and midwives often recommend this tea because it is supposed to help reduce the length of labor and tone your uterus. The studies seem to be mixed, but it can’t hurt to try. According a study in the Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health, women who consumed raspberry leaf in tablet form, experienced a shorted second stage of labor and a lower rate of forceps deliveries between the treatment group and the control group.
- Scripture: In my first pregnancy I wrote down a few of my favorite scriptures for pregnancy, labor and delivery. Mediating on God’s word gives me a heavenly perspective. His word is alive and active and I don’t know what I would do without it.