Our baby girl is becoming more and more interested in finger foods. She will still eat purees, but she seems to like ‘big kid’ meals better. I was talking with another mom recently about how nervous I am to start transitioning Izzy from purees to real food. I’m not sure why I’m nervous, but I want to make the best choices for her nutritionally! Maybe it it also making me realize I should step up my game on eating healthy. I started a list of healthy finger foods and/or family meals that I can give to Izzy during mealtime.
I also made a “Healthy Food for Kids” board on Pinterest to gather all the great recipes and ideas out there!
We are going to start slow and make sure the food is appropriate for her age (she is 10 months old), but I am excited about this new adventure. We are also going to make sure we cut all of these ingredients into small pieces to avoid choking.
Healthy Toddler Food Recipes
- Burrito Bowl – Avocado, rice, beans, red pepper, corn, spinach, red onion, seasoning, tomatoes and/or salsa
- Summer Quinoa & Mango Salad – Recipe here
- Egg Casserole – Eggs, spinach, onion, red pepper, seasoning
- Chunky Cucumber Salsa – Recipe here
- Sweet Potato – Baked sweet potato or homemade sweet potato fries
- Baked Spaghetti Squash – With vegetables, beans, and possibly tomato sauce
- Cranberry Orange Muffins – Recipe here
- Homemade Pizza – Organic pizza dough, sauce, a little bit of cheese, and veggies
- Yogurt and Fruit – Plain yogurt with a mixture of fresh fruit
- Curry Dishes – 6 milld curries for kids here
- Homemade Larabars – There are so many recipes out there, but for children use only water, ground nuts, dates, cranberries