Did you ever buy baby items you never ended up using? As a first time mom I bought plenty of things that I later found out weren’t necessary. The second time around, I was smarter when it came to purchasing baby items. I bought things that actually grew with our son and we could use for longer than a few weeks. I’m so excited to partner with Baby Cubby on this post and share with you my favorite 7 baby registry items that grow with your baby. Don’t make the same mistakes I did!
7 Baby Registry Items that Grow With Your Baby
- Convertible Diaper Bag: With our first baby we used a cross-body tote to store all her diapers, wipes and burp clothes. As she grew I wished for a convertible diaper bag. One that could be worn as a cross-body tote or backpack. With two kids I quickly realized I needed both hands free. A backpack diaper bag provides us with the most function and versatility. I love the Skip Hop Highline Convertible Diaper Bag.
- Play Yard: At first I thought a play yard wasn’t necessary. Would we really use it? With two kids I found it was so nice to have a spot to contain them when needed. If I needed to take a shower, I would set up the play yard in the bathroom and put our son in it. It’s also great for traveling. When we visit family we take our play yard with us and it’s so convenient.
- Baby Carrier: We LOVE our Ergobaby carrier. With a small baby, it was so nice to have two hands free to take care of our toddler and still carry our newborn. I preferred a carrier over a baby sling or wrap because I could use it longer and it kept the weight off my shoulders. We had two 9 pound babies so I needed something that was comfortable. We started off with the infant insert and transitioned to just the carrier. Even my husband got in on the baby carrying action!
- Toys: Find baby toys to grow with your baby. Wooden toys were always a hit in our house because as babies they could chew on them without worry. As they got older they could use them to build or stack. Our kids have also loved the SpinAgain stacking toy. As a baby our son would look at the bright colors and watch our toddler stack the discs. Both kids (3.5 and 1.5) still play with this toy!
- Convertible Car Seat: Car seats can be expensive and it seems like you need to buy a new one each year. With a convertible car seat you can use the same one for years. Buy a car seat that grows with your child!
- Nursing Pillow: I was hesitant to invest in a nursing pillow. I wasn’t sure if it would really make a difference in my breastfeeding experience. One of the best items we registered for! I breastfed both babies for a year so I used this often. As babies get older use it for tummy time and to support sitting. A great investment for new moms.
- Books: Books are another great registry item that will bring your family many precious moments in the years to come. At first babies love to look at the bright colors and pictures. As they grow you’ll be reading their favorite story a thousand times.
You may have noticed a theme with all of these items. The items are convertible and are used in more than 1 way. Babies are expensive! Take your time as your register and try to think beyond the “infant” stage. It truly goes by so quickly. What baby items were necessary for you as a parent? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
What Makes The Baby Cubby Different
The Baby Cubby’s team is made up of parents who are passionate about encouraging and inspiring. At Baby Cubby you can find the highest quality items and the safest baby gear. They always price match, even with Amazon. Find out more by visiting their homepage or following them on Facebook.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Baby Cubby. All opinions are always 100% my own.